20th Annual IOP Conference
May 2017 (Date to be confirmed)
We look forward to seeing you in 2017!
Teaching is demanding and complex work, made more difficult if we try to do it in isolation or without sharing and exploring our understandings together. In order to better understand and improve our practice, many of us engage in classroom, program or institution-based investigations focusing on the what, the how and the why of our practice.
In May 2017, UBC hosts the 20th Annual IOP Conference where practicing teachers, university educators, graduate students and student teachers from different educational contexts (schools, universities and colleges) come together to share their questions, investigations and understandings about their practice.
The IOP conference stresses dialogue among participants; presentations are intended to provoke and inform discussion. These exchanges typically fall within the following areas of inquiry:
- the preparation of practitioners
- the ongoing education of practitioners
- the focus on classroom practice
- the context of practice (e.g., social, political and cultural analysis of practice)
- researching practice (e.g., teacher inquiry/action research)