20th Annual IOP Conference
May 6th, 2017
Call for Proposals is now open,
closes Friday, February 24!
Teaching is demanding and complex work, made more difficult if we try to do it in isolation or without sharing and exploring our understandings together. In order to better understand and improve our practice, many of us engage in classroom, program or institution-based investigations focusing on the what, the how and the why of our practice.
On May 6th 2017, UBC hosts the 20th Annual IOP Conference where practicing teachers, university educators, graduate students and student teachers from different educational contexts (schools, universities and colleges) come together to share their questions, investigations and understandings about their practice.
The IOP conference stresses dialogue among participants; presentations are intended to provoke and inform discussion. These exchanges typically fall within the following areas of inquiry:
- the preparation of practitioners
- the ongoing education of practitioners
- the focus on classroom practice
- the context of practice (e.g., social, political and cultural analysis of practice)
- researching practice (e.g., teacher inquiry/action research)