19th Annual IOP Conference
Saturday, May 14, 2016
8:30am – 1:30pm
>> Register Now!
Teaching is demanding and complex work, made more difficult if we try to do it in isolation or without sharing and exploring our understandings together. In order to better understand and improve our practice, many of us engage in classroom, program or institution-based investigations focusing on the what, the how and the why of our practice.
On May 14, 2016, UBC hosts the 19th Annual IOP Conference where practicing teachers, university educators, graduate students and student teachers from different educational contexts (schools, universities and colleges) come together to share their questions, investigations and understandings about their practice.
- This year the Faculty of Education is celebrating the Year of Alumni – outstanding educators from UBC Faculty of Education – and the IOP Conference welcomes proposals related to this theme!
The IOP conference stresses dialogue among participants; presentations are intended to provoke and inform discussion. These exchanges typically fall within the following areas of inquiry:
- the preparation of practitioners
- the ongoing education of practitioners
- the focus on classroom practice
- the context of practice (e.g., social, political and cultural analysis of practice)
- researching practice (e.g., teacher inquiry/action research)